Tuesday 17 May 2016

Back from Macedonia..

I've just returned from a truly fascinating time in FYR Macedonia visiting its capital city (Skopje) and the picturesque town of Ohrid. This country really is not like any other I have visited in Europe so far and is an intriguing mix of cultural influences. The crystal clear water of Lake Ohrid is one of the most beautiful spots I have visited and the cobbled (and often steep!) streets on its shore really do feel untouched. Skopje, meanwhile is a vibrant city with lots of history and I was fortunate enough to visit on two beautiful, hot days and I had a great time exploring its city centre. As would be expected I got snapped lots of interesting pictures and have a few stories to tell, all of which can be found HERE. Below is one of my favourite pictures, taken on a gloriously warm evening in Skopje and a little snapshot of my great trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment